Name: Calvin Scoltock
Address: 30 The Ridgeway
Telephone: 07885 232667
Email Address: email@example.com
Date of Birth: 29th May 1969
General Health: Excellent
Since 1987 I have worked in the IT industry, initially as a trainee programmer for the CEGB. I progressed quickly and within a few years I gained valuable team leader and project management experience.
Until late 1992 I was working with ICL and IBM mainframes and then moved into PC and File Server support working with Microsoft and NetWare technologies. For a number of years I concentrated on Lotus cc:Mail and Lotus Notes and Domino.
I have been working with VMware products since 2003 providing presales, design, implementation and support services.
I have been working as a contractor since 1994 and in the last 25+ years I have worked for a variety of companies across multiple industries such as finance and manufacturing. I have always endeavoured to work on current technologies, refreshing my skill set and obtaining industry qualifications. My professional outlook to contracting has meant that my contracts are long term (one ran for 12 years) and I value my customers businesses.
For the past 5 years I have had a contract with Computacenter to provide services to Lloyds Banking Group working on design and implementation of new Windows Server Operating Systems, upgrades and support of their virtualisation environments based on VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V. This has involved working with Active Directory including Group Policy, patching and application delivery using SCCM and Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop with AppV. In my time at Lloyds I have implemented complex highly available solutions including Microsoft SQL Clusters spanning multiple sites.
The varied nature of the projects I have been involved with means I have to be an excellent team member, but also able to take the initiative and work alone. I enjoy working in IT and I feel I bring this enthusiasm to the roles I fulfil.
I have been working on projects using traditional project management methodologies such as PRINCE2 but more recently Agile methodologies using an Infra Scrum framework.
I have been awarded the vExpert title by VMware since 2014 through to 2018 for my significant contributions to the VMware virtualisation and cloud community.
I have been working for Computacenter at Lloyds Banking Group Commercial Finance on a number of projects: –
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft SQL 2014 implementation – gold image design and build utilising SCCM and Group Policy to harden the Operating System
- VMware Site Recovery Manager implementation including full DR testing
- Pre-Production environment build including VMware and Hyper-V environments
- Upgrade of NetApp DataONTAP 7-mode to cluster mode
- Migration of UAT systems from corporate domain to Pre Production domain including clustered SQL servers
- Migration of the VMware environments running on HP C7000 BladeSystems to 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) including LACP configuration
- Implementation of Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015
- Implementation of NetApp MetroCluster using Cluster Data ONTAP
- Design and implementation of VMware vSphere 6 Infrastructure
- Support of VMware vSphere environment consisting of 60+ ESXi Hosts and over 1000 VMs.
- Implementation of HPD Aquarius across Development, Application Test, Pre-Production environments using Agile methodologies to support Supplier Chain Finance and Invoice Discounting & Factoring. This system ran on Windows Server 2012 R2 utilising Tomcat and clustered Microsoft SQL Server 2014 servers in a highly secured environment with encrypted SSL communications and obfuscated keystore passwords.
- Implementation of a VMware vSphere Metro Storage Cluster (vMSC)
- Implementation and configuration of VMware vRealize Operations Manager (vROps)
- Expansion of Hyper-V environment to support additional Citrix XenDesktop virtual desktops
- Application packaging using AppV
- Migration of Legacy Windows 2003 systems to Windows Server 2012 R2
- Upgrade of VMware environment to vSphere 6.5 and SRM 8.
- V2V migration of virtual machines between VMware vSphere systems and Hyper-V to VMware vSphere
- Migration of data to OneDrive
Oct 2014 – Nov 2014 Paragon Group of Companies – Technical Consultant
Aug 2014 – Oct 2014 Attenda – Technical Design Architect
Feb 2014 – Jul 2014 Young’s Seafood Ltd – VMware Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Jan 2014 – Feb 2014 attam – VMware Specialist
Dec 2012 – Dec 2013 Paragon Group of Companies – Technical Lead
Dec 2011 – Nov 2012 Trinity Expert Systems – Technical Lead
Sep 2011 – Dec 2011 Interserve – Project Implementation Specialist
Dec 1999 – Sep 2011 CSI – Technical Architect
Apr 1998 – Nov 1999 PowerGen iT – Technical Consultant
Sep 1996 – Mar 1998 PowerGen – Lotus Notes Project Manager
Apr 1996 – Sep 1996 PowerGen International – International IT Support
Feb 1996 – Apr 1996 Windsor Life – NetWare & PC Support
Nov 1995 – Feb 1996 PowerGen – System Management
May 1995 – Nov 1995 PowerGen – File Server Support
Feb 1995 – May 1995 Trinity Expert Systems – Network Installation
Dec 1994 – Feb 1995 PowerGen – cc:Mail Redesign
Mar 1994 – Nov 1994 PowerGen – File Server Support
Oct 1992 – Mar 1994 PowerGen – PC/File Server Support
Jan 1992 – Oct 1992 PowerGen – Operations Analyst Team Leader
Nov 1990 – Jan 1992 PowerGen – Operations Analyst
Sep 1989 – Nov 1990 C.E.G.B. – Support Programmer
Sep 1988 – Sep 1989 C.E.G.B. – Trainee Support Programmer
Sep 1987 – Sep 1988 C.E.G.B. – Trainee Programmer
Microsoft Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
VMware VMware Certified Professional Data Center Virtualisation (VCP-DCV) v2.5, 3, 4, 5 & 6
VMware VMware Certified Advanced Professional Data Center Design (VCAP-DCD)
VMware VMware Certified Advanced Professional Data Center Administration (VCAP-DCA)
NetApp NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA)
NetApp NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer – SAN (NCIE)
NetApp NetApp Accredited Storage Architect Professional (ASAP)
IBM IBM eServer Certified Server Expert xSeries (CSEx)
IBM IBM Certified Systems Expert – BladeCenter
Tivoli Tivoli Certified Solutions Expert Tivoli IT Director
Novell Certified NetWare 3.1.x Administrator (CNA)
Lotus Certified Lotus Professional Domino R5 Systems Administrator (CLP)
Lotus Certified Lotus Professional Principal Notes R4 Systems Administrator (PCLP)
1990 Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Studies
1989 HNC in Computer Studies
1987 4 A’ Levels
1985 7 O’ Levels
I am an active member of Bromsgrove and Redditch Athletic Club, competing on the track, road and cross country at distances ranging from 100m up to the marathon.
My preferred distances are 800m, 1500m and the mile. I have represented Great Britain Masters at numerous European and Word Masters Athletics Championships and qualified for the final of the M501500m at the 2019 European Championships in Italy.
During my time with Bromsgrove and Redditch AC I have taken on a number of Team Management roles including the Boys Cross Country and Track & Field Team Manager and the Veteran Track & Field Manager.
I am a qualified UK Athletics Timekeeper and Photofinish Official and can often be found during the Track & Field season at County and Area Championships and also league fixtures on the timekeepers stand or in the photofinish room providing my services.
Whenever time allows, I enjoy horse riding with my daughters and wife.